Just checking in to say that Hokkaido was a blast and we’ve made it home in one piece! Here’s a quick rundown of what filled our 5 blessedly cool and humidity-free days of vacation:
- Lots of driving in the mountains
- Frolicking through gi-normous flower fields
- Sampling lavender flavored… everything
- Fantastic nature scenes and accompanying attempts to capture their beauty through photography
- Exploring cities
- Hiking through Hell’s Valley
- Wandering through a sculpture park
- Lunch with Ghengis Khan
- Gondolas and an impressive skyline observatory
- A chocolate factory tour
- Quality time, silence and conversation, laughter and tackling challenges with my beloved husband
- Tasty cuisine
Yep, definitely a fantastic trip, which has also whetted my appetite for an excursion we’ve been anticipating for about a year now.
I’m so pumped for Nikko this fall.